View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're absolutely right. I never notice the issue before. It appears that 7-zip (at least this version of it) is rearranging the archive a bit rather than just adding the file.

The Tweak Book feature of calibre would be my suggestion in that case. No conversion necessary to do that. 1) Explode the ePub. 2) copy the the xml file to META-INF. 3) Rebuild the book.

I just verified that the above process keeps Epubcheck happy. It's unfortunate that there's not a less convoluted way for adding this file to ePubs--for users on platforms other than OS X, that is. The situation seems ripe for a "tool/addon."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-24-2013 at 08:28 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote