Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #71
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
I guess what needs to be done to answer this problem definitively is find a person willing to sacrifice a week's reading or so that also claim NOT to have a problem with power drain on the new firmware. We'll choose a Project Gutenberg book by mutual agreement, agree a test regime and test. Then I shall adopt their settings in their entirety and they mine and repeat the testing again.

It's long winded and annoying but the only way I can see to eliminate firmware from the equation.
A similar test has already been done by davidfor. He used one of VelvetElvis' books and did not experience any battery life problems.

I just realised. There is one difference in settings between my good Touch and bad Glo: I use two different kobo accounts...

I can HARDLY imagine there's a battery drain link with certain kobo accounts, but you can never be sure. Have you by any chance tried to use a different account? Maybe make a fresh new kobo account and log in with that, see if anything changes.

I plan to do that if after 3 cycles or so my bad Glo still is bad.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote