View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I tried to imply that what you get is what you pay for. If you try to skimp on OCR costs by outsourcing it to non-native speakers you will get sub par results. I guess I failed miserably.
Not really so badly. The biggest book pirating/printing country right now is Myanmar, and the stuff coming out of there is absolutely horrible! I'm afraid the PI aren't far behind. Although the majority of people in the PI can speak and understand English, their grammar skill is often somewhat lacking, so the proofreading usually falls by the wayside. A country that has 1200 different dialects can't be expected to be perfect with the King's English. The English that I see daily here in Japan can only be called Japanglish!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote