View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #26
axelPW2
axelPW2 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
OK, so I just tested it. If you really, really want to "un-jailbreak" your Paperwhite, do this:
  1. Perform a factory reset (Settings -> Reset device)
  2. Re-install the official 5.3.1 update

Both of these steps are required, and must be performed in that order.

This method works regardless of which jailbreak you installed (NiLuJe's one for 5.2.0, or ixtab's one for 5.2.0/5.3.X), and will also remove the rescue pack and jailbreak bridge (if installed).

The net result is that your Kindle will be just like a factory-fresh device - all modifications ever installed, including jailbreak and user-installed ones, will be removed.
Thank you ixtab for this very simple method. I guess that this was worked out in the time of PW1.

I have tested it on my recently bought PW2 and it worked only partially: i.e it looked like the factory reset ("Reset device") did the job, but after that the "Update your Kindle" line was greyed-out disregard which offifical update I was copying to the Kindle root. I have tried with both 5.4.2 and 5.4.3.1. It might probably work, but only with a newer update, whenever that will be released.

So, now I have a "nearly un-jailbroken" device. This doesn't bother me too much for the moment since I intend to jailbreak my PW2 again very soon. Trying to "un-jailbreak" your way was only an experiment and just wanted to report here for the owners of PW2.

Prior to this test I was running FW 5.4.3.1. jailbroken just one week ago with the latest files, also having installed the rescue pack, plus mkk and Kual with a few extensions Kindlets.

Last edited by axelPW2; 04-26-2014 at 05:29 AM.
axelPW2 is offline   Reply With Quote