View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I think the reason it's fair to expect works to eventually revert to the public domain is because authors don't create their works strictly from their own selves but they are influenced by and borrow from, a common pool of culture, therefore one of the rationales behind the public domain is that eventually their work returns to that common pool so others can draw from it just as they drew from the work of others who came before.
Oh, I completely agree with you. What I dislike is the suggestion that an author should have to pay for those rights, rather than being granted them automatically.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote