View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
That's...weird. Since the Touch is basically an enhanced iPod (yes?), doesn't it connect to your computer to copy music files from iTunes? If it can do that, I don't see why it would be such a big step to copy ebook files, even just using Windows Explorer.

It does connect to the computer to copy music and video files, doesn't it?
I think the apps are sandboxed in the OS. They can only access their own personal data. So, you can't just copy an ebook file like you would an MP3 and have some application look at it.

I think Stanza allows your to load books from your PC. You need to install Stanza on your PC also... this runs a web server type service which you can then connect to from your Touch using Stanza.

eReader lets you download stuff from your eReader.com / fictionwise.com on line library. You can add personal ebooks to your library (that you obtained elsewhere) by uploading them from your PC.

As far as formats... of course eReader supports ereader format.

Stanza supports nonDRM Mobi and ePub on the Mac/PC version... I'm not sure what version it supports on the iPhone/Touch but I assume it can convert to a compatible format if the Stanza desktop version can read it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote