View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/03/s...e-to-the-ipad/

Seems the new AT&T tethering, doesn't allow for wi-fi tethering, USB and Bluetooth only, which leaves the iPad out. No acting as a WiFi hotspot either.

That is without jailbreaking and using MyWi..
Stupid that they're requiring you be on the 2 gig plan AND pay the additional $20, yet they won't open it up to Bluetooth tethering.

I'm hoping they don't find a way to halt the JB/MyWi option. There are those of us for whom tethering is an occasional only thing, who aren't going to hogging massive amounts of bandwidth, and therefore spending the extra for the 3G iPad just doesn't make sense.

For me, the only time I need 3G is when I travel--maybe 3 times a year at most--and during that, we're talking a little surfing and email. I don't even hit 250 MB on my iPhone in a heavy usage month--the 3G iPad would have been massive overkill for me.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote