View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelhodge View Post
Amazon Kindle sets record http://tinyurl.com/ybwm5pz
What an amazingly stupid article!

(Not your post... the article you linked to.)

This is yet more of the same stupidity we've gotten out of Amazon since Day One.

"The Kindle is a smash success!! Because we've sold more than others' units? No! Because we tell you it's a smash success!"

They've given us exactly zero information on units sold.

"We sold an unspecified number of Kindles this year! And that's an unspecified number more than the unspecified number we sold last year! Aren't we amazing? Everyone else can go home and stop selling ereaders, now!"

I love how that 'press-release from Amazon' understates the number of units Sony introduced (three, IIRC, 300, 600 and not sure if the 900 is out yet) and denigrates both Sony and Barnes & Noble for running out of stock soon after release. Which is exactly what happened when the Kindle came out!

( Waiting for Sir. Bruce to reply in 3... 2... 1... )

P.S.

Oh... no... I just noticed that first comment posted to the article. I think I'm gonna gag. Seems that Amazon invented the ereader concept. Gotta hand it to Amazon, though, by sheer weight of online presence, they've convinced people of their originality. Nothing ever came before the Kindle!

Last edited by Dahak; 12-20-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Postscript
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote