View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
teh603

When the netbooks first came out, I really, really wanted the 10.1s to work for me. I tried for near 3 weeks to get used to one. I hated it.

Keyboards are important for me. Normally at home I have what is called a "typist" keyboard on my desktop. It clicks and clacks and the keys travel up and down, gives all sorts of feedback tactility and sound wise and is great. The one I liked best though I have had others is a Dell one. I am using one now that actually has 2 keys that don't really function properly and I replaced it with a new Microsoft one, but after a month, decided to just work around the bad key problem on the old Dell.

To do a control alternate delete, I have to left hand "span" a octave and a note to use the opposite "alt" key, and the squared off right bracket doesn't work so I have to copy and paste one if I need it. (In the old days, I would have just used a control code to get it, but I don't bother anymore.)

Thinking about it, maybe I will order a new one, but that is what I did with the MS one.

Last edited by frahse; 12-19-2012 at 02:45 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote