View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The Most Popular Devices of 2010 -- Let's Get It Right

WHAT NEW READING DEVICE HAVE YOU BOUGHT THIS YEAR?

THIS POLL IS INTENDED TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ONLY READING DEVICES BOUGHT IN 2010 -- EARLIER BUYS WILL CONFUSE THE ISSUE AND MAKE THE POLL MEANINGLESS.

Statistics on the sale/popularity of the various ebook-dedicated reading devices out there are notoriously unreliable.

Mobile Read has tens of thousands of members, so I wondered -- as a significant survey base -- if we could find out for sure which readers are ahead.

Sure we can guess: But why not find out for sure?

The poll will be rendered usless if anyone is tempted to include a device they bought earlier than Jan 1 this year because some devices have been around much longer than others and some only made a first appearance this year.

My intention is to seriously look at the current situation in a community made up to some extent of members with prior experience who have made a change and newer members who have been influenced by reviews or trends.

If we're honest, I feel this poll could be meaningful.

I don't think we really need comment in this thread quite yet. Why don't we just answer the basic questions, and then get into the personal and general reasons why later, when we can see the wood for trees?

Many thanks, folks.

PS: I cannot take part in this poll myself because I have not acquired a new dedicated device this year. N

Last edited by neilmarr; 11-04-2010 at 12:06 PM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote