View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #112
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozawun View Post
The First Sale Doctrine is not part of the Berne Convention.
It is US domestic law.
It was established by a US Court decision interpreting a section of the US Copyright Act, and is now codified in another section of the US Copyright Act.
Yes, that's exactly what I thought, because to the best of my knowledge there is no "first sale" right in European countries, and we are signatories to the Berne Convention. That's why I asked taustin if he'd be kind enough to point out where in the Berne Convention this right is granted because, like you, I don't believe that it is.