View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Lenovo is supposed to come out with a model similiar to the asus transformer. Don't know how price competive it will be.
but it's my guess, I think the the optional keyboard docking station will become SOP on most tablets within a couple of years.

Asus did it right and I think it will be emmulated. An iPad 3rd party accessory company has already copied this set up alread.
I was in Office Depot playing with the Transformer and the Thrive, and they had a sign/spec sheet for the Lenovo up already. It was the 32gb version (the sales staff said that was the only version being offered) and it was $499.

It was funny because the sales staff said that the Toshiba was "our best tablet." One sales guy said he preferred the Acer because it had a full USB port, but ironically the Thrive did too.

I was blown away by how great the Transformer felt, but the Thrive was really nice too. It was a little bulky, but the rubberized back was cool, and the port options made it unique. However, the Asus screen was clearly better and it felt much lighter.

Last edited by Noah98; 07-11-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: More accurate assessment
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote