Thread: Snow Day!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
Snow day? I heard speak of such a legend. We don't really get them here in Alaska. I think I've seen 2 snow days in the past 12 years. I remember a storm that had 26 inches of snow in 24 hours ... and they STILL made the kids go to school.
I just wish we had some equipment to at least clear the interstates. I just saw them interviewing Dept of Transportation on the news and they were commenting that the usual "ice melt" mixture that they normally use on the road just is not working since the ice layer on the roads is so thick, with freezing drizzle still falling. There is nothing to plow off of the roads, it's just a very thick, very slick, layer of ice. Hundreds of tractor-trailer trucks are stuck in one area on our perimeter freeway, which of course has the whole road closed. So the bottom line is our local govt doesn't have the equipment, and the rest of us don't have the clothes, boots, vehicles, shovels, and whatever else to deal with this. Gosh, this turned into a rant, didn't it? I'm sorry, didn't mean to because we are so much better off here than the Aussie folks in the flood area. So yes, Snow Day!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote