View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #23143
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I think the best that can be said of tooth extractions is that they went and got over with. Less bad, perhaps, but not 'well'. I think 'well' implies that it was a 'good experience'... That's not possible.
I think it's just semantics. By saying I hope it goes well (I said something similar in another thread), pdurrant and I are implying that we hope it goes as well as it possibly can, which means without any more pain or discomfort than necessary. It's common parlance in the UK. I don't expect it to be a pleasant experience by saying that.

Rooibos in my cup. Going to need lots of warm drinks today.

Last edited by orlok; 01-19-2013 at 05:15 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote