Thread: MobileRead June 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #33
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If it makes things any easier, LibriVox has the audiobook. As with all LibriVox offerings, it's a free download, produced and read by LibriVox volunteers.

http://librivox.org/ivanhoe-by-sir-walter-scott/

Zip file of the entire book(533MB): http://www.archive.org/download/ivan...x_64kb_mp3.zip

All files are public domain in the USA.
The audio book option is very tempting.

It's worth knowing, too, that the entire 1997 mini-series of Ivanhoe is available one You tube. It's obviously not going to be a top quality video but it is certainly watchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I sometimes get a bit embarrassed that I make decisions based on book length. I think the reality is now that so many books are competing for my time that I try to allow the most chance for completing most of those books.

And although I won't necessarily dodge a big book (I have Anathem and Wise Man's Fear coming up before the end of the year), I will consider how I distribute them in my reading list. So for the reading club, which often brings up books that are not in my immediate reading plans, I will be more likely to balk at the bigger books. I also ditched Anna Karenina for one of the book clubs for a similar reason even though I would definitely like to read Tolstoy at some stage.
I feel very much the same way. There's really only so much time to even if one is a .

Last edited by fantasyfan; 06-01-2012 at 04:22 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote