View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #27
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I don't think that is the prime aim, or necessarily the intent, of this exercise - at least not the way it reads to me.
Intent? Unlikely.
But the outcome? Increasingly so.

I remember reading on Teleread last year that (because of a legal change a few years back, I think) a *lot* of book contracts will be up for optional reversion this year. So any success stories from backlist titles getting re-issued as ebooks is going to worry traditional publishers, big and small.

Check this publisher horror story from 2010:
http://www.teleread.com/ebooks/right...nd-the-e-book/

So far it is mostly estates and mid-list authors that are taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ebooks. Their real nightmare is when the "Brand" writers do it. Or simply threaten it.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote