View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Ok, here's what I've learnt works better for .html that will be converted to multiple ebook formats (while writing GuteBook.pl):
  • change any <pre> to <pre><small><tt> and </pre> to </tt></small></pre>. The <small> helps with the display on small screen ebook readers and the <tt> is recognised in Mobipocket as a monospaced font!!!
  • same thing with <br> that cause too big of a break, i.e., placed in the <style> section:
    br {margin-top: 0em; margin-bottom: 0em; padding-top: 0em; padding-bottom: 0em}
  • ...<a style="page-break-before: always;" name="CHAPTER_I" id="CHAPTER_I"></a>
    <h2>CHAPTER I</h2>
Try adopting some of these "rules" for your next mulitple ebook creations and see if they help!
I've never had trouble with the pre tag, but I've always thought it should be avoided as much as possible.

I've also never seen the br tag do anything other than be a line break. Someone must have done something funky to get a space after that line.

I think it's too much effort to combine the anchor tag with the page break. I place a separate page break immediately before the anchor, but I look at it as placing it at the end of the previous chapter/section/article.

Other than that, I'm doing most of the rest already (I need to follow though on the p tag).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote