View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I throw in my vote for justified text. Since Gutenberg, the vast majority--overwhelming majority--of books have been justified, and I suspect the majority of readers expect to see just that. It's possible to format an e-book to minimize the ugly-gap problem, which anyhow is vanishing as e-readers become more sophisticated. I see few professionally formatted books on my Kindle or Fire that suffer from this problem.

And a book is not a web page. Not yet, anyhow.

@OP: You can see my style sheet at http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com/

If the style sheet exists in the same folder as the underlying html file, Sigil will incorporate it into the epub.

Good luck!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote