View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydeuk View Post
I'm not actually using ADE for the transfer and I can't quite work out how it works. I am trying to keep things simple and dragging and dropping straight from the PC seems to get the books onto the Nook OK. The books are not Sony books and haven't been through any Sony software. The books are on my PC as transferred from the CDs I bought off the internet. They are unadulterated by any account information, Sony, ADE or Nook. I transferred these directly to my Sony by dragging and dropping and they worked fine. If I do the same with the Nook, they are all there but can't be read. Since my last posting I have downloaded a trial version of Epubor DRM removal software and tried this, but with no success. I initially tried to transfer a whole batch of files and then discovered that the trial version will only allow two files, so I may have messed up the DRM removal. I am reluctant to buy the software until I know it works. By the way, I have bought a book from Barnes and Noble, and this downloaded onto the Nook just fine. I will be grateful for any more help.
OK. Stop, take a deep breath, and relax.

There is no reason to pay for DRM removal tools. They are open source, and released for free by the developer. Uninstall whatever it is you bought, and hope you didn't install malware on your computer.

Next, your explanations of what you did with the book files are pretty vague, and so is the description of the error message. Without more clearly explained details, it's hard to help.

Try examining the filenames, looking for anything that is not letters, numbers, and the _ symbol. Special symbols and extra dots can cause problems. The filenames should end in ".epub", and that should be the only dot in the whole filename. If the filenames don't end in ".epub", that's your problem.

Check one book, then transfer it to your Nook. Try to open it, and put the exact error message here. That will help us a lot in figuring out what the issue is.

It could be that the files are formatted in a way that the Sony recognized but the Nook did not. If the books were bought some time ago, that is more likely. Calibre can help you convert them if that is the case. Since your Nook can open some of your books and regular Nook books, I suspect it's an issue with the formatting.

Last edited by Rbneader; 02-24-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote