View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack13 View Post
Thank you for reply question
I can reset the boot counter by replace lab126_gui.restarts in data.tar.gz at the rignt location ???
Yes. But it may be easier to use the data.tar.gz provided by ixtab, and do the echo statement shown in my previous post from the RUNME.sh, than it would be to create a new data.tar.gz with correct root path (path to file starting with "/").

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack13
mkdir /mnt/base-us/ad_backup
cp -f /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver/* /mnt/base-us/ad_backup/
m -f /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver/screens*.png
rm -f /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver/banner*.gif
cp -f /mnt/base-us/screensaver.png /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver/screensaver-unregistered.png
cp -f /mnt/base-us/screensaver.png /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver/screensvr.png
shutdown -r now

I want to remove old screensever that enough file (25mb) and I think it cause of problem
in usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver and then bring back up screen sever to original location but I don't know how to write code to RUNME.sh to make it
That is a very big file. It is best to convert screensavers to greyscale (no color) and to resize to match the screen (600x800).

I was going to test the statements above, but while helping somebody else with a problem, my kindle touch now appears to be bricked with no usb drive (the drive mounts with capacity of 0 bytes). I will give it a full charge now. Perhaps I need to debrick it with the serial port again. I did not CHANGE anything. All I did is inspect the value in a proc port. I removed the battery and reinstalled it. No good. I did not do anything that should have bricked it. I am not happy. ;-(

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-08-2012 at 02:52 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote