View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
slushie
slushie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question lost metadata on pdfs

first, i have to say what a great suite of tools you've created with calibre! it is a wonderful testament to the power of open source software not to mention your endless patience. thanks!

i just got my prs505 a few days ago so i am still learning the ropes, so please bear with me if i misunderstand something...

in calibre i have a few books loaded and i've configured the automatic download of metadata via the gui. in the 'library' section this all looks perfect! however, when i send my library to the reader i am losing all my configured metadata... the reader sees whatever is A. inside the pdf's title/author slots (in acroread File>Properties dialog), or B. just the filename as title, with all spaces and non-alphanumeric chars turning into underscores and no author.

this problem only seems to happen with PDF's, and only when i transfer from my library to the hardware... if i click 'Card' and double-click an item in that list i can fix the metadata manually.

i'm running linux, just updated to the latest version of calibre (0.4.89). let me know if you need any more information, i'm happy to help you help me any way i can!

thank you!
slushie is offline   Reply With Quote