View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
Some of the A.M. & C.N. Williamson "travel" novels {available in the Mobile Read ebook library} have suffered the fate of being "forgotten"--even though some are quite good stories and were best sellers in the Edwardian and Georgian periods and were made into {silent} films.
Funny! I tried reading Set in Silver by the Williamsons a while ago and bailed about a third of the way. I really do enjoy romances of the turn of the last century--think Hope, McCutcheon, Du Maurier (Gerald, not Daphne)--but I think the genre had been played out by the 20s. Period romances of that time seem to have been compelled to adopt an arch, essentially meta attitude, and I don't think it worked.

Last edited by issybird; 02-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote