View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Ron View Post
I a noob when talking about TTS and I seriously wondering what is the use of such a thing!

I'm not saying it's useless, but I can't figure how I would use this in my everyday life. For you, TTS users, are you using it to hear the story like bed time story for adult? I'm confuse!

Please, teach me!
I'm not a TTS user (I don't do audiobooks either; I can't really focus when I listen), but from what I've gathered, people use TTS for different reasons, largely for the same reasons why some people like audiobooks.

Not every book has an audiobook version (and audiobooks are often expensive), so TTS is handy for those others, for people who prefer to listen to books, either for reasons to do with eyesight problems or during chores, car trips, on treadmill in gym, etc. I've also seen people say that sometimes e.g. autistic kids even prefer TTS to audiobooks.

In any case, the major reason is, I'd think, that (a) not every book has an audiobook version (and don't forget personal documents, fanfic, various free public domain books etc), and (b) even if an official / professionally narrated audiobook exists, not everyone wants to pay twice to have the same book in text and audio. And not everyone minds the computerised voice.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote