View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
I have more than a half-dozen books called Masquerade, for example ... it would remove one of the last remaining nits I have with the program.
Why aren't you just adding them, ignoring the Duplicates warning, then running kiwidude's duplicate finder? That' gives you lots of "hands on" control over what is considered a duplicate. If you don't want to manually review all the books with Find Duplicates, why not just turn on Automerge? If the title of "Masquerade" has the same author, it won't get merged unless it's a new format. If it's a different author, you'll get a new record.

I never found the duplicates warning to be of much use. That's why I wrote Merge and Automerge.

I suspect that Kovid isn't changing this because he probably thinks the combination of Merge, Automerge and the Find Duplicates plugin gives you all the control you need if the basic title-matching algorithm of Duplicates isn't enough.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote