View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Another thing you can do -- use UI files, let python compile them, then capture the resulting _ui.py and put it into your plugin's zip file. No client-side ui compilation would be necessary.
Now that sounds pretty good and a nice way to learn the code to generate.

When looking at how I would then actually invoke the dialog (in plugins.py) when the user clicks within the Preferences dialog I found a whole bunch of stuff to do with a "config_widget" function. Presumably this is to support the existing "complex" dialogs like the metadata reader plugins. So looks like there is some kind of infrastructure there that I would need to hook into anyway to allow my custom dialog content to be displayed. I'll do some investigating. Thanks again.

Last edited by kiwidude; 12-22-2010 at 09:56 AM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote