View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Twain's statement I think refers to inclusion, rather than exclusion.

However, even that makes a lot of assumptions. I sometimes help illiterate adults learn how to read, and they'll probably never get as far as some of the classics, unless they're very lucky and motivated. However, even a children's book can be an emotional event for some of these people. Does that mean they are of sufficiently simple emotional development that even a child's book can elicit a reaction? No. Had I told the story to them orally, they would have found it childish and uninspired.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote