View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #67
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Frankly, I like the touchscreen. I liked it with my ebw1150 and I like it with the 700. One of the reasons I did not purchase a Kindle was the exposed keyboard.

I wish the eink display on the 700 was as clear as the 505 but the reduced clarity was not that significant to me. Yes, the difference is clearly obvious when comparing the 505 and the 700, but when I'm sitting and reading, I'm not constantly thinking, "Gosh, this display is so much lighter than on the 505." In other words, I never notice the difference until I'm physically comparing them. I did physically compare the 700 and the 600 and the eink lettering is darker on the 600. The display is not as good as the 505 or the 300 but it is not so great that I would dissuade someone who likes the capabilities of the 600 from buying it.

Bottom line, anyone thinking of purchasing any of the Sony products should, if at all possible, go to a Sony distributor and check the devices out in person. An ebook reader is a highly personal and subjective purchase and completely depended upon the reader's needs.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote