View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #1551
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Several of you interested me in the Iron Druid series whan it's newest book's release coincided with Cold Days' release date. So I picked up the first one, Hounded, ,and put it on my TBR list. I've just begun it and right now I'm ready to start chapter 5 and instead, I'm considering abandoning it.

I don't like Atticus at all. But I do love the locale. However I don't think an unlikeable protagonist and a familiar and appreciated locale is enough to keep my intrest (keep? I'm not yet interested!).

What m I missing, if anything?

One of the bigger things I enjoy about the book are the secondary characters and how Atticus interacts with them. I'd recommend toughing it out through Chapter 11. If you don't like it by then, you won't like it at all.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote