View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I live in New York, where Amazon has been collecting tax for a few years. When they started collecting tax, I cried, gnashed my teeth, and pounded my pillow for a few minutes. Then I continued ordering from Amazon, pretty much the same as before. I buy things in bulk like rice, pasta, toilet paper, paper towels. It's cheaper than my grocery store (which is also an Internet grocer, actually!). I guess Costco might be cheaper but I don't have a car so Costco is not practical. I don't think about the tax on my purchases, just as I wouldn't think about it in a store.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote