View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #67
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Stephen King lives in the town I grew up in!! Given that, I liked SK as an adolescent, but not as much as one might think. SK was what my mom read so that limited the appeal a bit. Loved Different Seasons, though, and enjoyed Eyes of the Dragon, Gunslinger. Then my tastes changed and I didn't read any of his books for a long time. As an adult, I was a bit underwhelmed by Dead Zone, and Dreamcatcher was dreadful.

So when my mom, a King fanatic, foisted King's latest doorstopper on me and pestered me to read it, it was without any enthusiasm that I opened it up, just to get her off my back. That book was Under the Dome, and needless to say, I loved it! What a pulse pounding climax to that book! Since then I've had a bit of a King renaissance, & have read and enjoyed 11/22/63, Full Dark, No Stars, It, Firestarter, and plan to read more, especially The Stand, The Shining, Salem's Lot, The Green Mile, Duma Key. Someone else said it, this guy is a great storyteller.

Last edited by usuallee; 08-14-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote