View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehlat View Post
Don't be in too much of a hurry. Marvin's startup time from tap to fully-displayed page where I left it is about four seconds. Stanza on the same phone (same book) is less than a quarter of a second. If you hop in and out of books because your reading time arrives in bursts, four seconds can seem an eternity.
On my iPad, Marvin is faster. It opens books almost immediately. Stanza takes a visible amount of time, like two seconds. In either case, speed isn't the issue.

(the first time you open a book it will be slower because it needs to unzip it, I think)

If you include app startup time, too, then Marvin is maybe a second slower, but I think mainly because it displays the library before opening the last read book.

Anyway, Marvin is very nice. Attractive, modern UI. All the formatting options you want. Slide up down for brightness adjustment (a great feature copied from Stanza). Pages left in chapter. Customizable gestures. It of course also has the advantage of not being dead.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote