View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #95
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I was in a well lit room and half distracted, so I have no idea if mine went out or not, but...

PURE SPECULATION FOLLOWS....

Having a battery die during a firmware update is bad news and can brick the device. It's possible that they turn off the light to reduce current draw as much as possible to increase the likelihood of success. It's also possible that during update they shut down all unnecessary system services, one of which controls the light.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote