View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #227
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
[QUOTE=Jozawun;2239892][QUOTE=taustin;2239797]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozawun View Post
First, I've seen this statement before.

In my previous posts I pointed out 2 things:
1. There may have been other reasons for the lack of books published in France in the short period you were talking about (1789-1793).
2. The lack of copyright protection in 19th century USA did not stop English and American writers from continuing to pour out the classics.
I pointed out that we have historical data on what happens when you do away with copyright. You said you were unaware of this event. It's not an especially obscure moment in history. You were ignorant of it. Ergo, you are not well qualified to debate the wisdom of doing away with copyright, and very difficult to take seriously.

You can dance around that all you want, but, like the historical event itself, what happened is what happened.