View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #222
gr1mr34p3r
gr1mr34p3r began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knireis View Post
I get following error when starting the app:

Database [/mnt/sdcard/Sony_Reader/database/books.db] failed to open.

I think this happened after i upload a book with calibre. My pc is running linux mint and i have latest calibre and ebooklauncher installed.
Any suggestions?
I had this problem too, which was possibly caused by me setting Calibre's metadata management to "automatic management" (in Preferences > Sending Books to Devices), rather than its default "manual management". I never disconnected my reader without removing it safely from within Calibre, so that was not the cause for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
If the books.db database is broken you can delete the file and the reader builds a new one after a reboot. I have found that I must disconnect the reader within calibre before disconnecting from the pc (click on the reader symbol and choose "remove") then I have no corrupt databases anymore. This is under windows but I think that this behaviour is the same under linux.
I tried this method multiple times to fix the error, but it kept returning with the same error after the reboot.

I finally fixed it by uninstalling eBookLauncher (version 0.1.1.04).
To do this, go to Total Commander > Installed Apps > eBookLauncher > Uninstall

I have since reinstalled eBookLauncher, with my calibre settings set as "manual management" and have not had the same problem since.

Hope this helps someone!
gr1mr34p3r is offline   Reply With Quote