View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Scully
Scully began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Trouble Converting WP Document

If this topic has already been covered, I apologize...I searched several pages but didn't see anything quite the same.

I just learned about Calibre from a friend, and am starting to learn how to use it. I would like to be able to convert documents that I've written in Word Perfect (X5) to my Kindle. I know how to do html, so I took the shortest document...which has no TOC or anything fancy...just several pages of typed document...and created an empty book. After considerable experimentation, I figured out how to name the empty book, and create a series name for it.

Now what? Do I copy the html into the Comments section? If not, where should it go? Anything I try to do tells me that there's no suitable source format available, or something else along similar lines. I've been at this for several hours, and I've looked through the Calibre manual, too...but mostly it deals with importing and converting already-published books. I found nothing useful for importing and converting self-created documents.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated by this eager (but frustrated) newbie!!

Scully

----------------

~ I got you, Mulder! I got you big-time! ~
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote