View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #66
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Broken Update

It's nice to see some of the changes underfoot, however, the breaking of basic styling in e-books (italics, etc.) makes this a broken update as far as I'm concerned.

It would be really nice if Kobo made available to download the koboroot file and update folder used for the updats. I know I'm in the minority here, but having to boot to Windows to fix my Linux device is insult to injury. Also, I'm sure even the Windows users would appreciate being able to restore a previous, liked firmware version when Kobo releases broken ones. (on that note, Desktop really needs to stop auto-updating the kobo without a by your leave, for the same reason).

Edit: I just wanted to add, once the few niggling bugs are resolved, the changes in this update unquestionably propel the Kobo to the best E-ink reader there is. (and the least expensive... ha!)

Last edited by rashkae; 06-28-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Adding PS:
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote