Thread: DR800 Emulator
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
DR800 Emulator

While waiting for my 800S ( UPS currently shuffling it around Europe ) I decided to see how hard it was to run the emulator and have a quick decco at the iOn doc.

Well colour me impressed !!! I went down the not recommended route of doing a kvm image of ubuntu 8.04 LTS on a Fedora 12 box. Then a very quick install of the required poky software and the emulator.

Fired her up ( so now running qemu under qemu(kvm) and it ran perfectly bar bottom part of screen missing. A combination of increasing the resolution of the kvm display to 1200x900 and following the docs using fbset -n -xres 1024 -yres 768, to get a fully viewable emulated device.

Now the only issue I have is that the menu button does not work ( and the ebook mall cannot connect, I wonder why that can be )

Any of the 1000 vm image users now how to simulate the various buttons?
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote