View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
AdjustImageSize - new plugin for the EBW1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
A word of caution, though. The EBW1150 is very memory-constrained and cannot surf to too many pages with large images; it will eventually crash. You will then have to wait 10-15 sec. until the 'reset' button appears and then hold that button for 3-5 sec. until the reader resets! In extreme cases, you might have to use the reset hole on the back of the reader, under the SM flap. I hope not!
To help the EBW1150 cope when surfing the internet and encountering LARGE images, you can use ONE of the AdjustImageSize plugins I provide.

The plugin mainly converts any large (bigger than 128x128) images down to 128x128 and converts them to lesser colored images! The final image can be in the Orig format or replaced by a 256-color GIF, 256-color PNG, 16-color GIF, 16-color PNG, or B&W image so as to reduce the memory "strain" on the device. Useful primarily for the EBW1150!

Oh, yeah, you only need one of the various AdjustImageSize plugins provided; experiement and pick the best one.

The REB1200 need not use these plugins, but they are available for use thereon, if you so choose.

Note: PIL (Python Image Library) needs to be installed, see http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ to install.

Added this plugin (in it's various forms) to release 2 of my plugins available in post #1 above.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-08-2008 at 11:00 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote