View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Kindlepreviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
I would like to get hold of a kindle. The ONLY reason I want one is to check the formatting on some stuff I'm preparing for publication - basically it will be a sort of proof-reading tool. So, I'll probably buy one second hand.
I don't know anything about kindles so I thought I'd turn to the mobileread massive for some expert advice.
Are there any things I should bear in mind before parting with the cash?
Are some versions better than others?
Are there any known issues with any particular versions?
Do they use generic connectors, chargers, etc?
What would you want to know before you paid for one (obvs it must be legit)?
Thanks in advance for all assistance.
Download Kindlepreviewer.exe from the Kindle area on Amazon.com, it'll simulate all of the past & current Kindle models' display characteristics on a PC.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote