View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Talking of which, I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with this reply.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R27N0...cm_cr_rdp_perm
I would agree with you, in fact this one gives constructive criticism. If a book is set in the uk, then most people would expect it to be correct for the area. As the critic said, 911 is not the emergency number (999 is, although the number for the rest of europe (112) can be used as well. UK people use mobile phones not cell phones.

In fact one of the worst I read was by Matthew Reilly (can't remember which book though), where the hero was in a plane crashing towards the ground, and had around 40 seconds to defuse an atomic bomb, the defuse code was a memorable date for the person who set it (and was German). the hero keyed in the date in US format, (m,d,y) instead of European (d,m,y), which worked.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote