View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
Truth
Truth began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
I appreciate all the comments so far, but I should clarify a couple of points.

While the Pocketbook 301 sounds interesting, it is pricier than what I would like to spend (it will be in the $300 range here in Canada, plus shipping and customs fees). It could be a consideration if nothing else matches. The Pocketbook 360 is a bit better, but it's pushing the top end of my price range.

The iPad is out because of price and other considerations: backlit display for reading, no multitasking (I know ereaders don't multitask, but it's a tablet and not a dedicated ereader), Apple proprietary crap, etc.

I think I'm mainly asking what readers in my price range (under $250 CA) will be able to do what I want in a not completely irritating manner. Currently, the Jetbook Lite is only $140 CA (Newegg.ca), the Jetbook is $150 CA (ditto) the Libre is $160 CA (ditto ditto), the Kobo is $150 (Indigo/Chapters), the Sony PRS300 is $170 (Staples) and I'm not sure what others are available in my price range.

The worst case scenario would see me buying the most recommended inexpensive reader and returning it if it doesn't meet my needs/expectations.

Last edited by Truth; 06-17-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote