View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I've done short fiction, but the only one I've got with any decent number of downloads is one I put up for free. So it would seem that there's truth in what you've said about people not wanting short fiction.
I think they want it, they just don't value it enough to pay for it. When you can get a full length book for $0.99 it's not really surprising. I like writing short stories, they don't take as long so you're more likely to finish it. If you end up liking the characters you can always spin them off into something longer later if you don't kill them. But short stories are only ever going to be advertising for your other stuff, and for that to be any use they need to be free.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote