View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast View Post
I seem to be having conversion problems, but only when the original is in Word format.

Since I have 75+ of these, it sure would be great if someone knows what I am doing wrong, or what is wrong with the MS Word reader.
Calibre does not support .doc files. Open the doc file in Word and save it as filtered html. I have heard some folks say calibre converts some doc files but those files are really rtf files with the wrong extension.

Since you have a bunch of doc files this thread explains how to do batch conversions with free tools. Specifically check out posts 23, 49 and 56.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote