Thread: DR800 PAGE TURN PERFORMANCE
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by musteman View Post
Gertjan, when I start experiencing delays on the page flipping, what I do is to put a mark on the page, close the book and the restart the device. Despite that, after the reset, when I open the book again the mark is gone and it starts at the first page...
I believe that's the same problem as the "last page" not being remembered. Keep in mind that "reset" is a hard reset. IE, it kills the device without giving it any time to gracefully exit/save/etc. Things like the current page, bookmarks, etc are not saved correctly in the situation.

The way I think about it is that the reset is only for emergency use, IE if the device has locked up or something similar. It's not really a "shutdown/restart" button.

There was some work done a while ago by some community users on a graceful shutdown feature. Maybe it's time to dust that off and start looking at it again.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote