View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Reuther View Post
That's correct, it's a mime type declaration added to the metadata. As far as I know it's a "for the form" thing, and not absolutely required, but I place it in the files (epub gets its proper mimetype as well) because I am trying to offer a "proper and complete" metadata section.

And Hitch is of course correct regarding the file I am retrieving after KDP converts it. It is a fully-formed dual spec mobi. Not much goes on after that point, particularly considering I do not enable DRM on any of my files. (Though apparently some reseller partners of some of the places I upload to do, which pisses me off. But that's another issue.)
Hey, Matthew:

I think you said you were amenable to this earlier, but would you like to just send me the ePUB? If so, PM me and I'll send you my details.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 07-19-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Duh. Edit typo, "the" to "this"
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote