View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:02 PM   #12
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Has anyone ever considered that with the extreme popularity of the Harry Potter books, that they (like Lucas did with ILM) could give a huge shove into the popularity and mainstream side for ebooks?

I mean, from a business point of view, if I wanted to take a niche product (ebooks) and make it extremely mainstream, and well known) I would couple it with a popular and existing product. In this case, you have a book series that is well known for an audience range from Ages 5 and upward. My friends around me, usually own several copies of EACH BOOK, and for crying out loud, they read them to their kids before the kids can read themselves. (I personally think that's a bit overboard, but hey! They enjoy it, both parents and children, so who am I to judge? eh? :-)
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote