View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath
Big Issue for me on unDRMed bookes, ie pirated ones, is the quality varies greatly.
The same applies to the legal ones - although the quality gap isn't as large

The books I get from Fictionwise frequently have scanning mistakes. Compare that to Blackmask which rarely has mistakes.

I would argue that non-DRMed ebooks get better over time. In my case, the Palm app that I use to read them also lets me edit them. So as I read the book, I correct the mistakes. I can then re-post the corrected version. You can't do that with DRMed eBooks. (Although, I can imagine what many authors think about letting the general public edit their work and effectively republish it. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath
Makes reading a pain. Ive heard there is a way to unDRM a lit file into html.
Convert-LIT works (sometimes) but many times the resulting .html file is just a poorly converted text file.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote