View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #35631
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
What is a bcd hanger?
Imagine a coat hanger on steroids. Something with large rounded shoulders so not to cut into the straps of a BCD (Bouyancy Compensation Device.l) the 'vest' that divers wear that holds the air tanks. Add some extra hook areas and clips to hang mask, fins, booties and wetsuit, and you can hang all your gear together in one small space. Very necessary on a crowded live-aboard dive boat!

I made my own using PVC pipe as I really wanted to be sure that the shoulders would be protected. When wet, all this gear gets pretty heavy, and normal hangers, even wooden ones, often can't take the weight.

When washing a leather coat or jacket, the wet leather coming right out of the tub is REALLY heavy. Usually you need to lay it down until most of the 'free' water runs off. I washed the jacket yesterday, and left it laying flat for about 24 hours before I felt it was 'safe' to try to support it by its own shoulders. But this needed a REALLY strong hanger... ergo... my BCD hanger!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote