View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Because I might want to use h2 for other things (Sigil does allow them to be marked not in TOC ) with other style.

My chapno usually has Chapter head Margins (and padding for off center placement).
Sheesh! that bloat is minimal. There are lots more frequently (mis)used styling in every single paragraph.
If you use <h2> for something else you can use <h2 class="myclass">. But you could use <h3> for the something else instead and even give it the same font size as <h2>.

As for the other bloat, I've been dealing with that. <p class="para"> becomes <p> and that <a id="page10" /> get removed as I don't care about print page numbers. Also, when we get <h2 class="chapterNumber" id="id_01"> that gets fixed to remove the bloat so the id goes away. I do remove excess <div> that have no need at all. Publishers do put in a lot of bloat. The CSS they usually use is a catchall and has all kinds of crap in it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote