View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #15
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Religion and Politics are the most important topics to be discussed if humanity is to make it through the third millennium.
But that doesn't mean that every forum has to debate them.
MobileRead was intended for purposes that religion and politics are only tangentially associated with. I have some reservations about the decision, but I think it is an improvement for most members (many of whom may just want a respite somewhere from the ubiquity of these issues).

MR has been pretty generous in providing space for these topics in my view; and if this makes things better for the membership as a whole, then I support it.